5 Financial & 5 Non-Financial Lessons Learned From Our Family Doctor
Hi guys, POF (PhysicianOnFire) has been good to us from the time we started blogging and he included our story in his Sunday Best. And now, he has done it again by giving us a great opportunity to guest post for him.
But as it turns out, POF, is not the only good doctor out there. There are plenty more out there. One in particular that I will forever be grateful to is our first family doctor that we had once we arrived to Canada.
We became very good friends with the doctor, and he eventually became my sister’s Godfather and an amazing mentor to both of us.
He gave us some good guidance throughout our high school, college and professional lives until he FIREd (Financially Independent, Retired Early) and moved away.
Here are some financial and non-financial advice he gave us:
Top 5 Financial Lessons
1) Treating your patients/clients like Royalty
2) Paying it forward
3) Avoiding student loans as much as you can
4) Living the frugal life and avoiding lifestyle inflation
5) FIRE and Geo-arbitrage
Top 5 Non-Financial Lessons
1) Embracing different cultures and diversity
2) Being a foodie
3) Always eat your veggies, you never know who’s watching.
4) Honesty is very important
5) Never marry a doctor?
>>> To read the full article, please visit:
Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment, share and subscribe! We love ya and wanna get to know ya!
Note that we also accept guest posts. Our rules are pretty simple and straight-forward:
- No plagiarism. The article must be original content and it must not have been posted anywhere else
- The article must be about money/finance/career/saving/investing/relationship/business/…
- Ideally it should include a personal story, so that our readers can relate to you.
- Ideally it should at least be 1,000-1,500 words
- Links are allowed but at least half of the links should be linking our articles/resources
- No drafts. Must be final version.
- You agree to reply to comments
- If you are a blogger, you agree to share the guest post on your social media platforms, and link to it on your blog.
Do you want an easier way to manage/track your finances/investments? The Personal Capital app can help. Do you want to start blogging? Bluehost can get you started. Make sure to also check out other resources that we recommend such as books that have helped us get where we are.
Do you want to learn more about us? If so, you can also read these other posts:
- About us
- How We Increased Our Annual Income From $0 to $160K to $400K+
- How we live on 15% of our income
- Joining the Million Dollar Club/Challenge and So Can You
- How To Pay Off A Mortgage In 5 Years
- Our Biggest Money Fight and 9 Lessons Learned
- Our 6 Financial Mistakes and 15 Lessons Learned
- How I Paid Off My $40,000 Student Loans Before Graduating
- The resumes that bring in $400,000+/year (Samples Provided)